Our property lawyers deal with transactions relating to residential and commercial property.
Known as real estate law, it covers areas such as conveyancing (buying and selling of property), leasing agreements, property finance, remortgaging, mortgage and lending, landlord and tenant agreements, land and neighbour disputes and social housing issues.
Real Estate Lawyer
Property disputes can be extremely stressful, especially if they concern neighbours. Our property lawyers specialise in helping home owners, landlords and tenants to solve any issues in a stress free manner.
Buying or Selling a Property
Unfortunately the conveyancing process does not always run as smoothly as you would want. There could be problems with the mortgage offer, the legal documents or other paperwork. Maybe even with the Land Registry, or the Deeds. This can be the time you need the help from a property solicitor, one well versed in dealing with any legal matters in a prompt and efficient manner.
We can help sort out many of the issues that sometime plague residential conveyancing, as well as issues such as:-
- Possession and rent recovery for assured shorthold and protected rent act tenancies.
- Disputes over deposits
- Recovery charges relating to rent and service on long leases
- Claims about the disrepair of property
- Dealing with unlawful occupation of property by squatters
- Planning permission issues
- Boundary disputes
- Enfranchisement issues appertaining to landlords and long leaseholders
- Mortgage disputes
- Misrepresentation of property
As well as providing a full conveyancing service for anyone buying a property, we are also able to offer abortive insurance to our conveyancing clients. For the last two years this has proved very popular as it protects our clients from paying high abortive fees should any conveyancing transaction fail. Please contact us for details.
To talk to one of the Property Law team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
We also offer legal services covering areas such as
"Thank you for the work that you and the team at Wayman and Long have put in to ensure that our house purchase went ahead without hitches. We really appreciate your efforts to make the process run so smoothly".
- What are legal and tax implications of swapping homes but not ownership?We want to move into my parents’ larger house while they downsize to oursQ I own a house that I pay the mortgage on. My parents live just around the corner in a near-identical house, although it has a downstairs extension and a loft conversion. They own the property outright and have no mortgage. We […]
- It's blooming good to see signs of spring | Brief lettersSeeking marmalade makers | Taking on tech giants | Covid terms | SpringI am puzzled as to why there have been no letters from readers making marmalade, considering the amount of correspondence last year. Am I to assume so much was made that supplies have not needed to be replaced? Or is there a shortage […]
- The Dutch home transformed into a masterpieceRenovating a stunning listed house in Amsterdam became a chance to travel back through the centuriesAnyone wishing to appear grander than they are in 2021 might buy a house with a pediment and columns. For the Dutch architect Abraham Salm in 1887, building a house (one of five) on a site by the Amstel river, […]