Our property lawyers deal with transactions relating to residential and commercial property.
Known as real estate law, it covers areas such as conveyancing (buying and selling of property), leasing agreements, property finance, remortgaging, mortgage and lending, landlord and tenant agreements, land and neighbour disputes and social housing issues.
Real Estate Lawyer
Property disputes can be extremely stressful, especially if they concern neighbours. Our property lawyers specialise in helping home owners, landlords and tenants to solve any issues in a stress free manner.
Buying or Selling a Property
Unfortunately the conveyancing process does not always run as smoothly as you would want. There could be problems with the mortgage offer, the legal documents or other paperwork. Maybe even with the Land Registry, or the Deeds. This can be the time you need the help from a property solicitor, one well versed in dealing with any legal matters in a prompt and efficient manner.
We can help sort out many of the issues that sometime plague residential conveyancing, as well as issues such as:-
- Possession and rent recovery for assured shorthold and protected rent act tenancies.
- Disputes over deposits
- Recovery charges relating to rent and service on long leases
- Claims about the disrepair of property
- Dealing with unlawful occupation of property by squatters
- Planning permission issues
- Boundary disputes
- Enfranchisement issues appertaining to landlords and long leaseholders
- Mortgage disputes
- Misrepresentation of property
As well as providing a full conveyancing service for anyone buying a property, we are also able to offer abortive insurance to our conveyancing clients. For the last two years this has proved very popular as it protects our clients from paying high abortive fees should any conveyancing transaction fail. Please contact us for details.
To talk to one of the Property Law team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
We also offer legal services covering areas such as
"Thank you for the work that you and the team at Wayman and Long have put in to ensure that our house purchase went ahead without hitches. We really appreciate your efforts to make the process run so smoothly".
- Converted offices pose ‘deadly risk’ in heatwaves, experts warnWeakened planning rules has resulted in fewer checks on post-Covid urban redevelopment, despite worsening climate crisisThe conversion of offices into flats in urban centres poses a “potentially deadly risk” to occupants as the intensity of heatwaves rises, experts have warned.Further relaxation of planning rules from Sunday mean even more commercial premises can be converted into […]
- Harvesting fruit and veg? Here are my top tips for better flavourUse waterproof packaging to prevent moisture loss, then chill and eat as soon as you canIf you are a fruit and veg grower, you are probably approaching the peak of the harvest season on your plot. While the vast majority of gardening advice is focused on growing, the harvesting stage can make a huge, yet […]
- August is upon us, time to enjoy the gardenThere’s lots to do this month. Top of the list: chillFirst of August. The dog days of summer. We will have lost three hours of daylight since the solstice by the end of this month. Time for gardeners to focus.It’s the weeks of school and other holidays when more of us are more likely to […]