Our property lawyers deal with transactions relating to residential and commercial property.
Known as real estate law, it covers areas such as conveyancing (buying and selling of property), leasing agreements, property finance, remortgaging, mortgage and lending, landlord and tenant agreements, land and neighbour disputes and social housing issues.
Real Estate Lawyer
Property disputes can be extremely stressful, especially if they concern neighbours. Our property lawyers specialise in helping home owners, landlords and tenants to solve any issues in a stress free manner.
Buying or Selling a Property
Unfortunately the conveyancing process does not always run as smoothly as you would want. There could be problems with the mortgage offer, the legal documents or other paperwork. Maybe even with the Land Registry, or the Deeds. This can be the time you need the help from a property solicitor, one well versed in dealing with any legal matters in a prompt and efficient manner.
We can help sort out many of the issues that sometime plague residential conveyancing, as well as issues such as:-
- Possession and rent recovery for assured shorthold and protected rent act tenancies.
- Disputes over deposits
- Recovery charges relating to rent and service on long leases
- Claims about the disrepair of property
- Dealing with unlawful occupation of property by squatters
- Planning permission issues
- Boundary disputes
- Enfranchisement issues appertaining to landlords and long leaseholders
- Mortgage disputes
- Misrepresentation of property
As well as providing a full conveyancing service for anyone buying a property, we are also able to offer abortive insurance to our conveyancing clients. For the last two years this has proved very popular as it protects our clients from paying high abortive fees should any conveyancing transaction fail. Please contact us for details.
To talk to one of the Property Law team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
We also offer legal services covering areas such as
"Thank you for the work that you and the team at Wayman and Long have put in to ensure that our house purchase went ahead without hitches. We really appreciate your efforts to make the process run so smoothly".
- Home ownership unaffordable despite 95% mortgages, analysis showsMany single thirtysomethings will still find large parts of England and Wales too expensive to buyThe government’s scheme to turn generation rent into generation buy will not help single thirtysomethings get on the property ladder in much of England and Wales, Guardian analysis has found.The mortgage guarantee scheme, which came into effect on Monday, will […]
- I thought moving house would cure my brain fog. But it is still as bad as ever | Emma BeddingtonAll my well-worn routines have changed – from my morning walk to my local coffee shop - and now I don’t really know who I am, or how to behaveI love reading about pandemic brain fog because it gives me an excuse for my current stupidity. It is pleasant to think that my inability to […]
- Border Patrol: Edinburgh’s suburban hedges – in picturesDuring lockdowns, the border hedge gained new purpose, a metaphor for self-isolation and shelter. This series of suburban landscapes began in March 2020 during the permitted daily lockdown excursions in the ‘bungalow belt’ of Edinburgh and has continued. Stay-at-home notices may lift but our gardens show we have chosen to remain hidden from our neighbours, […]