Our property lawyers deal with transactions relating to residential and commercial property.
Known as real estate law, it covers areas such as conveyancing (buying and selling of property), leasing agreements, property finance, remortgaging, mortgage and lending, landlord and tenant agreements, land and neighbour disputes and social housing issues.
Real Estate Lawyer
Property disputes can be extremely stressful, especially if they concern neighbours. Our property lawyers specialise in helping home owners, landlords and tenants to solve any issues in a stress free manner.
Buying or Selling a Property
Unfortunately the conveyancing process does not always run as smoothly as you would want. There could be problems with the mortgage offer, the legal documents or other paperwork. Maybe even with the Land Registry, or the Deeds. This can be the time you need the help from a property solicitor, one well versed in dealing with any legal matters in a prompt and efficient manner.
We can help sort out many of the issues that sometime plague residential conveyancing, as well as issues such as:-
- Possession and rent recovery for assured shorthold and protected rent act tenancies.
- Disputes over deposits
- Recovery charges relating to rent and service on long leases
- Claims about the disrepair of property
- Dealing with unlawful occupation of property by squatters
- Planning permission issues
- Boundary disputes
- Enfranchisement issues appertaining to landlords and long leaseholders
- Mortgage disputes
- Misrepresentation of property
As well as providing a full conveyancing service for anyone buying a property, we are also able to offer abortive insurance to our conveyancing clients. For the last two years this has proved very popular as it protects our clients from paying high abortive fees should any conveyancing transaction fail. Please contact us for details.
To talk to one of the Property Law team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
We also offer legal services covering areas such as
"Thank you for the work that you and the team at Wayman and Long have put in to ensure that our house purchase went ahead without hitches. We really appreciate your efforts to make the process run so smoothly".
- November design news: postcards, Puma trainers and Preston’s brutalist bus stationTrainers that turn into compost, tiles made from microwaves and 100 years of Alessi This month’s design news finds beauty in surprising places. Preston’s bus station is one of them: discover why this 1960s depot has received a prize from the World Monument Fund. A raffle to help refugees could put some work by Turner […]
- Should I remortgage now even though my fixed term hasn’t ended?With interest rates looking likely to rise, I might be able to bag a better deal by switchingQ I’m just coming into the final year of my five-year fixed-rate mortgage (it ends in January 2023). With interest rates looking likely to rise, is it worth me remortgaging now and taking the 1% hit on early […]
- FCA urges lenders to support UK’s 47,000 ‘mortgage prisoners’Regulator asks banks and building societies to offer support to borrowers unable to switchBanks and building societies have been urged to consider changes to lending criteria to help an estimated 47,000 borrowers who could benefit from a cheaper home loan but are currently unable to move.A review of “mortgage prisoners” by the Financial Conduct Authority […]