Disputes and litigation
Dealing with litigation and disputes, irrespective of their size, can be daunting and stressful. Not knowing how things might pan out or where to go to resolve the matter can compound matters further, leaving you feeling helpless.
Our experienced lawyers can help.
Our team regularly handle a variety of disputes – large and small. They can provide specialist advice on how to resolve your issue quickly and cost-effectively.
Examples of litigation matters include:
- Issues between you and your landlord
- Boundary and property disagreements
- Conflicts with retailers, suppliers or service providers
- Problems with contracts (employment and consumers)
- Where you are having problems regarding debts repaid
To talk to one of the team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.
- German court rules against Volkswagen in 'dieselgate' scandalCarmaker must pay compensation to motorist who bought minivan fitted with emissions-cheating softwareVolkswagen has lost a landmark legal battle in Germany’s highest civil court over compensation for the buyer of a secondhand minivan fitted with emissions-cheating software.The world’s largest carmaker must take back the plantiff’s manipulated car and pay him €28,257.74 (£25,325), in a case […]Jasper Jolly
- Unions and business support Sunak's 'last resort' bail out plansUnite union says Project Birch, the government’s rescue plan, is ‘finally taking shape’Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageUnions and business groups have backed the government’s plan to bail out strategically important companies whose failure would “disproportionately harm the economy”.The chancellor, Rishi Sunak, is exploring plans for the taxpayer to step in and rescue […]Jasper Jolly
- Companies in new investment fund must be 'made in Yorkshire'Mole Valley Asset Management will only include firms based in the county in its portfolioPeople from Yorkshire are often stereotyped as being proud of their identity and careful with money, and a “first of its kind” investment fund could be said to tick both boxes – as it will only put investors’ cash into companies […]Rupert Jones
- Pizzas in the post: Shopify challenges Amazon for slice of lockdown tradeFirms becoming more inventive to survive, and increasing numbers turning to the e-commerce platformWhen the lockdown forced the Pizza Pilgrims chain to close, the company came up with an unusual solution to stay in business.The company, with restaurants in London and Oxford and run by brothers Thom and James Elliot – who started out selling […]Zoe Wood
- Bangladesh clothing makers say Philip Day owes them £27mManufacturers say they will halt production unless Edinburgh Woollen Mill pays upBangladesh clothing manufacturers are threatening to halt production and deliveries to billionaire Philip Day’s Edinburgh Woollen Mill group in a battle over alleged £27m in unpaid bills.About 30 suppliers to Day’s empire, which includes more than 1,000 outlets including Peacocks, Austin Reed and Jaeger, […]Sarah Butler
- From Kenya to Bangladesh mask-making has become a thriving cottage industryCharities, NGOs and garment factories are adapting to provide protective gear, generating income and keeping communities safeCoronavirus - latest updatesSee all our latest coverageFrom crowded informal settlements to conservation areas teeming with wildlife, cottage industries have popped up around the globe producing and distributing face masks for frontline workers, taxi drivers, market sellers and more. […]Kate Hodal