Agriculture & Rural Affairs
We’ve been providing legal advice to landowners, farmers and tenants in Suffolk and the surrounding counties since 1840. Therefore, as you can imagine, we have a wealth of knowledge and experience relating to agriculture and rural law including:
Land and property
- Land & property – sales, purchases, mortgages, leases, boundaries, common land, tied accommodation & disputes
- Planning and development – issues relating to properties & land for acquisition or development.
- Tax & estates planning – succession planning, transactional tax, inheritance tax, land tax, wills, probate, matrimonial issues & LPA’s.
Environment, farming, food & drink
- Food and drink regulation – food safety, food labelling, product recall and regulatory enforcement issues.
- Environmental and regulatory – compliance issues, contaminated land and water.
- Renewable energy – investment development and financing, including wind, solar & biofuels etc.
- Commercial – including contractual arrangements and protection of rights.
Other land and agriculture issues we can help with include
- Dispute resolution – including contracts, land occupation and ownership, partnership and trust disputes and product liability.
- Business – corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fundraising and private equity.
- Finance, restructuring and insolvency
- All employment law issues
- Health and safety defences.
To talk to one of the team, please call us on 01787 277375 or use the online form.